Tuesday, August 24, 2010
And those who don't do it can't understand it until they do.
Here is how I would explain running to someone who hasn't run before
Here is the recipe for what it feels like:
• Take an amazing trip off of ecstasy
• Drink 3 glasses of wine
• Add in the craving of a chain smoker for cigarettes
Add all of the above, now imagine:
• Having a totally clear head through all of this
• Minus the hangover in the morning
• No know tie to cancer
With the benefits of:
• Weight loss and looking hot!
• Clearer, healthier skin
• The desire to eat better and drink more water
• Never feeling groggy and listless all day
• Find the best cure for stir-crazy-sit-on-your-butt-all-day depression
• Having a smile on your face all day long, and laughing a lot more
• Meeting incredible motivated people like yourself
Soooo. What is it that you said you didn't like about running? Oh the pain? Well it only hurts as much as you want it too, and the more it hurts, the better it feels later on. And whats the difference between running and other addictions?
Alcohol: Fun now=feel like crap later, forget everything that happened
Pot: Fun now= pass out later, and hack up a lung every time you jog a few feet
Other drugs= Errr fun? = Too many bad side effects
Running: Moderate pain now= amazing high that lasts for days if you do it right and no crash
So for me the hardest part was starting. Getting my shoes on and running those first few miles. Once you do though, you'll want to run every day, and I've been running twice a day just to get to the point where I can go for a long period without stopping. I'm not there yet.
If I haven't motivated you enough (all you millions of people who read this blog), or if you have no interest to ever run, or if you are a person who can read, then read this book called Born to Run. You will never read a more motivating as well as captivating story ever. And its all true.
Friday, August 20, 2010
I drew this back in like June and I think its been the only thing I've drawn all summer except for a commission. I've had an outstanding commission since about May and have yet to ink it in. Its of a duck and I never finished it because I was afraid it wasn't exactly what the person wanted, but I think I may finish it today because its better than nothing!
What she wanted was a picture for her husbands birthday with a duck tilting its head the way that ducks do, looking all quizzical and whatnot. The only problem is that apparently no one in the universe has captured a picture of said position and put it on the internet, so I had to make it up in my head, which I am to too great at doing. If I have a photo of something it can all go a lot smoother, my creative abilities come more from the coloring and composition and not the subject. So hopefully I'll get the OK from her and have it done soon!
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
So for years now, my mom has been selling old photographs as a living, and for years I've been hearing "No, that won't sell, put it back" as I've helped her look through thousands of old photographs at antique stores, garage sales, and every place in between. So, I finally decided one day a few years ago to start collecting her rejects that she would otherwise throw away, or just not buy, and someday sell them myself because I guess I saw the beauty in some photos that would otherwise be considered unsellable or too weird.
I have started yet one more Etsy shop called Weird Photos
Here are some of the things I currently have and will soon have listed:
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Just wanted to share some vintage composition books I picked up at an awesome estate sale the other day that I may or may not use this coming fall at U of O. Aren't they cool! Pretty much unused too!
I'd also love to share a blog that I've been featured in called The Searched and Found. I was featured twice, first after I started my August 20% off sale, and again after she asked me to do a weekly giveaway. See the original post here, and enter the giveaway here!
Monday, August 16, 2010
So I've decided to cut down my posts to more mini posts than lengthy leviathan things. Alot has happened since my last post so I will sum up that time period with easy to understand bullet points:
• My dog and best friend of 7 years died abruptly of cancer
• I got strep throat
• I got pink eye two days later
• I took a surprise trip to Yachats, Oregon for 2 days
• I took a trip to Port Angeles, WA and Victoria, BC for a week
• I sold 6 items while on vacation mostly from being in treasuries on the front page
• I was wrongly accused of having a non-vintage item in my shop by KellyStreetVintage because she feels the need to be a vigilante, and so was quite rudely kicked out of Team Treasury without warning because of it.
• I was going to move into a new house my mom bought but couldn't as the house had mold and the sale didn't go through
• We were then going to move into a rental today but did not as you can't have dogs or let the furniture touch the ground
There is my life in the past few weeks summed up. I also started play Wow again but that is embarrassing so I will not make a show of it.
On my trip to the Oregon coast, and later Port Angeles, I picked up a bunch of 80s hair clips that are super cute, and that I think are going to be very popular this summer!